- Easingwold Town Council
- Easingwold Town Brass Band
- Easingwold Golf Club
- Easingwold Bridge Club
- Our vibrant and thriving U3A is open to members of other U3A organisations
- Easingwold Running Club
- Easingwold Camera Club
- Easingwold Rifle Club
- Easingwold Flower Club
- Easingwold Players
- Easingwold Art Exhibitors Group
Easingwold History Links
- Genuki page on The Ancient Parish of Easingwold - an excellent starting point for family and local history!
Local Shops and Businesses
- GH Smith & Son. The Easingwold printing and publishing company
- Bracken Hill Fine Foods is (at least in the editors opinion) the best specialist jam, preserve and pickle etc producer in the North of England who (sadly!) make their wonderful foods on the other side of York - However, they are available at many local outlets around us including delis, tourist information and garden centres.
They also produce the preserves for the famous Lewis and Cooper in Northallerton - the very best Food Store in England, if not the World (again, in the editors experienced opinion)!
Some of our favourite Yorkshire Food & Drink Brands
Our local Villages
- The beautiful Village of Newton on Ouse
- The friendly village of Stillington, 3 1/2 miles from Easingwold
- The local village of Huby
- The famous Stillington Community Association - the village that bought its own village shop
- www.stillingtoncommunityarchive.org A wonderful archive site for the Village of Stllington. Growing all the time, it has images, documents and recordings from Stillington and the neighbouring hamlet of Marton in the Forest.
- The famous Village of Crayke - where the folks live on the hill!
- The village of Tollerton which has a great community spirit!
- The beautiful village of Coxwold with its Church with an Octagonal Tower and situated on the edge of the Moors!
- A history of the famous Coxwold cyclists spring chuch service
- The twin villages of Helperby & Brafferton & their link to St. Augustine in the 7th Century!
- The friendly village of Husthwaite with its lovely Village Green looking towards the White Horse of Kilburn!
Links to local Places of Interest and to visit
- Whats On in the nearby historic & vibrant City of York and surounding areas!
- A guide to the beautiful City of York
- York City Tourist Board The official website
- Our lovely Stately Home & Gardens of Sutton Park
- Wensleydale Railway
- North York Moors Railway
- Watch a Video ride on the North York Moors Railway courtesy of the Yorkshire Post Newspaper
- Watch a Video ride on the Settle to Carlisle Railway courtesy of the Yorkshire Post Newspaper
- Watch a Video ride on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway courtesy of the YOrkshire Post Newspaper
- Beningborough Hall
- Boroughbridge - Our eastern neighbour on the other side of the River Swale
- Castle Howard (Film location of Brideshead Revisited)
- Theakston Brewery in Masham
- Black Sheep Brewery in Masham
- James Herriot Centre in Thirsk
- Herriot Country
- Real Wensleydale Cheese visitor Centre in Hawes
- RAF Linton on Ouse - our local RAF base which is very good at training pilots - you will see them in the skies up above around Easingwold!
- Holmfirth - the lovely Pennine Town setting for "Last of the Summer Wine"
Links to interesting Yorkshire Websites
- The Borthwick Institute at York University which holds all the archive parish records for Easingwold & Villages. A great source for those intersted in historical family records from our area!
- Ryedale, the heart of eastern North Yorkshire
- My Yorkshire - celebrating all that's best in God's Own County
- Yorksview - a synopsis of everything & everywhere Yorkshire!
- Guide to Hull The most comprehensive on the internet
As Volunteers ourselves, we know what a commitment it is and what hard work is needed to work for no reward. Indeed most of our Volunteeers work with local charities and good causes, besides giving their spare time to our office to help you - the following are some of the charities we are involved in - please please consider supporting them!
http://www.hambletonfoodshare.org.uk/ Serving all of the Hambleton District - with a base in Easingwold & Villages - contact us on 07514244158
http://www.projectmala.org.uk/ Sponsoring Indian children involved in the carpet industry - a local charity based in York
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ Our local brach of Cancer Reasearch UK raises almost £20,000 per year!
http://www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk/ Our local Cancer Charity
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx A wonderful organisation who is very involved in our community -
http://www.christianaid.org.uk/ Helping people to help themselves is the best way to help
http://www.worldvision.org.uk/ A campaigning way to sponsor a child which gets real long term results
http://www.amnesty.org.uk/ Helping those unfortunate to live under undemocratic political or judicial systems - again with fantasitic results
http://www.lcdisability.org/ Leonard Cheshire Homes - we have a local facillity in the Village of Alne