Fishing Opportunities in the Easingwold & Villages area!
With 2 of the major Yorkshire rivers flowing through our area, a wealth of fishing lakes of various sizes and descriptions, together with two national parks on our doorstep which blend spectacular fishing locations with waters bristling with fish, not forgetting of course excellent sea angling available on the nearby and dramatic Yorksire Coast, we are indeed the perfect base for a fishing holiday or break in Yorkshire!
Click here for further information on a growing list of fishing venues in the Easingwold and Villages area of which a summary is given below. Further information and details will be added when information is available to us.
In the Easingwold area
- The Swale (flowing down from Swaledale) - general coarse fishing including barbel
- The Ure (flowing down from Wensleydale) - general coarse fishing including barbel
- The Wharfe (flowing down from Wharfedale) general coarse fishing
The Ouse (flowing down to York) - general coarse fishing including barbel
- The Wharfe (flowing from Wharfedale)
- The Derwent (flowing from the North York Moors)
- Foss (flowing into York)
Nidd (flowing from Nidderdale and through Harrogate, Knaresborough)
Within easy reach
- The Aire (flowing from Airedale and through Leeds & Selby)
- The Esk (flows through the North York Moors into the historic port of Whitby)
- Pocklington Canal, located south of York
Trout Lakes & Ponds
- Thornton Lodge Farm trout Lakes (fly only), in Thornton on the Hill parish
- Raskelf Trout lake, near Raskelf Village
Coarse fishing lakes & ponds
- Tollerton fishing ponds - general coarse fishing near Tollerton Village
- Redwood Lakes - 3 lakes of general coarse fishing and wildlife project near Huby Village
- Oakwood Leisure - 4 lakes of general coarse fishing near Huby Village
- Brafferton fishing lakes - Casrp and coarse fishing lakes near Brafferton Village
- Forest Lane Fishery - near Alne Villae
- Rising Sun Fishery - near Aldwark Village
Links to our local Angling Clubs where further details of locations and fees can be found.